21 Jun 2015

Something about... Shelley Cohen

Hey gorgeous!
It's been so long, I know... But today I'm back with an exciting new blog post.
I may have already told you about the kindest person I've ever met online: Shelley Cohen.
I interviewed her so if you want to know who exactly she is and what she is doing just keep reading :)
By the way, there is no German blog post today because I don't want to translate anything in the wrong way... Okay, let's get started!

This is Shelley <3
Tell me about your blog/brand.


I’m Shelley Cohen and I’m a Life & Style Coach and founder of From Shelley With
Love, an online resource for women looking for life & style advice grounded in self-love and self-care. 

It breaks my heart to watch women and girls lose their sparkle & confidence. They pass up opportunities, don’t speak up about what they want, and don’t feel like the person they see in the mirror is “good enough.”

I’m here to change that. 

My mission is to help women and girls around the world become their best sparkly self. 

Our community is a 100% inner-mean-girl-free zone!!

How would you describe yourself?

I’m a sparkly superhero fighting “inner-mean-girl” crime!  

I also intimately understand the painful struggles of the girls/women in my community. I was once a self-conscious, self-doubting, perfection-chasing, anxious, overanalyzing girl on the inside. I GET IT. 

Currently, I love playing dress-up, getting my zen on at a yoga class, preparing delish meals, dancing like nobody is watching, hosting garden tea parties and snuggling kitties…yep, I’m the real deal…crazy cat lady ;) 

Glitter, confetti and anything pink is totally my jam!

Where do you get your inspiration from?

I pull inspiration from my day-to-day life: something will spark from a conversation with my girlfriends, shows on TV that get me fired up, advertising campaigns, talking with my biz coach, articles I read online and have a strong opinion about, travelling, even striking up a conversation with a stranger waiting in the coffee line.

What are your best tips for people who want to become a fulltime blogger?


You’ve probably heard these SO many times before but honestly, it’s what works:
  • Consistency is key – find a posting schedule that works for you, and stick to it.
  • Find your authentic voice – how? Try writing as you would normally talk. You could even dictate your blog post…then transcribe it later.
  • Just be gorgeous you – talk about what you’re passionate about and what lights you up.
What are your best tips for time management?


Plan and schedule your time…and stick to it.

Turn off all distractions – social media, email…put your phone on airplane mode.  I get some of my best work done on planes when I travel – I love to recreate this environment when I really need to focus.

And your best confidence tips?

Quit comparing yourself to anyone else – comparison is a big fat confidence killer.  You are beautifully unique and always good enough just as you are.  

I also have an awesome free class where I teach you how to wake up totally in love with yourself & rock your day. You can grab it here.

Thank you so much, Shelley, for taking the time to answer my questions!

By the way, I'll join her You're Gorg! program. The class will run from July 6th to July 31st 2015 and I can't wait for it because I'm SO in love with Shelleys MIRROR MIRROR e-course (you should totally check it out, it's FREE) and I love the positive and inspiring feeling I always get when I read what she wrote. And even if you don't want to join the team, you should definetely check her out just because she is amazing.

I hope you'll have a wonderful day!

xxx
Anna <3

1 comment:

  1. Toller Post!
    Bei mir läuft zur Zeit eine Blogvorstellung. Ich würde mich freuen, wenn du mal vorbeischauen würdest und vielleicht sogar mitmachst!
    Liebe Grüße, Anna :)
    http://anna-silver.blogspot.de/2015/06/blogvorstellung.html

    ReplyDelete